Monday, September 19, 2011

Church year timeline 2011-2012

**UPDATED below**

I don't know about you, but our family was finding itself so distracted by changes in our lives (new baby, new school situation, dissertation writing, etc) that we were finding ourselves completely out of sync and unaware of the church year.  Not a very good thing.

So this weekend, I attacked a church year timeline for our home and here are the results:

I decided to place it in the hallway right upon entering our front door.  This is the hallway that one must use to go basically anywhere in our house, and so I thought it was an ideal spot.  Included in the timeline are the 12 major feasts, name days and St. Nicholas.
 A close up:
 On each square is the name of the feast day, date, icon image, readings for the day and an activity to do together as a family:
I feel so much more aware now that I've done this very simple project.

**Here's a link to my document I created for this project.  Feel free to use it for your home or just for inspiration!

13 comments:

Jen said...

And you made up each feast day sheet? Are you going to share?

Ma Torg said...

I just updated the blog with a link.

Jessica Snell said...

Very cool!

Katie Jones said...

Thank you, thank you!!! I really appreciate the link!

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Kelly, this is fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing your work.

Michelle M. said...

This is fantastic! Thank you.

Sandy said...

This is great! How did you attach these to the wall? I don't want to make a lot of holes with tacks, but tape isn't going to stick.

Ma Torg said...

Sandy, I used the blue painters tape. I figure I'll have to replace the tape occasionally, but it is working so far. You could try wall putty.

Sandy said...

Thanks! I wouldn't have thought of that. I'll give it a try.

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Kelly, did you do anything for All Saints Day? I'm trying to figure out how to celebrate it with my kids.

Ma Torg said...

Emily, I only put the main 12 orthodox feasts on this timeline. However, I do have some links for halloween ideas on the sidebar if you need some. Our All Saints isn't until June, hence the Halloween title.

Interior design said...

very happy, Baratta Design this blog make me a ideas to Home Design ideas|Home Design|minimalist Home Design|Modern House Design|Bedroom Design|Home interior Design thats all very help me on develope my furniture skills, and onwe things that importan is home design is very happy, Ceiling Design Nice Designs Ducati

Gilang Biantara said...

very happy, Baratta Design this blog make me a ideas to Home Design ideas|Home Design|minimalist Home Design|Modern House Design|Bedroom Design|Home interior Design thats all very help me on develope my furniture skills, and onwe things that importan is home design is very happy, Ceiling Design Nice Designs Ducati