If it ain't broke, why fix it? I have always thought that the way children celebrate Valentine's Day is sweet and don't see any problem with continuing with those same traditions with the addition, of course, of talking about St. Valentine's life.
Here's what we've done and are going to to do:
- We made valentines last week to hand out at Wednesday school.
- Today I have heart candies to give out during school lessons.
- We decorated our living room window with hearts hanging on string.
- We're going to bake heart cookies to have with a Valentine's tea this afternoon (which is when I'll tell them about who St. Valentine is).
- This evening, we're going to a family candlelight dinner. Pa will present the girls with chocolate hearts and I will give one to the boy.
Any other activities that you recommend? (and my apologies for not posting this BEFORE Valentine's Day!!!). Blame it on my pregnant, mothering brain.